This gently infused pizza, which can be made in under 15 minutes, is a tasty way to celebrate spring greens. It’s not a traditional pizza. It has no tomato sauce; rather, it’s light and crisp and screams “fresh.” When lettuce and herbs appear on the scene, they are delicate and tender and when they sit atop a crisp crust, some magic happens.
There are lots of lettuce choices, plenty of aromatic herbs and spices, and even edible flowers if that’s how you roll. Gently tossed with an infused vinaigrette, the crunch of the crust and the baby greens make for a special meal. If you are someone with a high tolerance for cannabis, you can infuse twice by brushing the crust with infused oil as it comes out of the oven. Otherwise, the infused oil will be tossed with the greens just as it comes out of the oven.
If you have a favorite pizza dough, whether store-bought or homemade, by all means, go for it. This recipe uses a popular store-bought crust, and if you follow the temperature guidelines, you’ve got it. The preservation of the terpenes and cannabinoids is key, so when cooking with cannabis avoid an oven hotter than 340. Since a pizza requires some time at a high temp, it’s a challenge. I can help you with that. Get the pizza done and then infuse. If you want to melt cheese, reduce the temperature to 340 and wait till the cheese melts. There’s always a way. And, I can never say this too often, don’t overdo it. It’s not fun and why ruin a nice cannabis pizza experience.
Serves two, 5mg THC per half.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 8″ pizza crust i.e. Boboli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon infused olive oil (optional)
- 2 cups baby greens, your choice
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
tablespoons plus one teaspoon
good quality olive oil
- 2 teaspoons infused olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Heat oven to 450. Place a pizza stone or sheet pan in the oven.
2. Brush the crust with the olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until crisp.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the greens with the pepper and onion. Toss to combine.
4. In a small bowl whisk the vinegar with the oils.
5. Remove the crust and place it on your serving plate. If desired, brush the crust with the additional infused oil. Working quickly, top the crust with the greens, sprinkle with salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, and the cheese.
A link to your site, with your site’s name and description as anchor text.